Friday, December 11, 2009

Is Almay Smart Shade Blush a good product?

I just got some. I think it looks weird. If you are used to using cream blushes, then maybe you would have better luck. But, I found it kind of annoying to put on. Also, it didn't go well with my skin tone, even though the foundation I bought works fine. The color was just very blah. No bronze tones, but kind of almost orange. It looked very ';make-upy,'; as in you could really tell I was wearing make-up.


The foundation doesn't give very good coverage. Like, if you have freckles or a pimple or something, it will not cover it. It said you can layer the product, but I felt like I was just wiping it off, not putting more on. I also don't like the idea of layering on make-up. Ew. Both the foundation and the blush left my skin feeling kind of sticky. I tried putting powder on, but I ended up super shiny by the end of the day, and I am not normally that way. All-in-all, I was very disappointed.Is Almay Smart Shade Blush a good product?
I personally have not tried it, but looking at the fact that you have to choose a shade, it doesn't seem that smart. However there is a product very similar to it that I believe came out first called O-Glow (http://www.smashbox.com/index.cfm/fuseac鈥?/a> which uses a gogi berry complex which matches that ';rosy'; in your cheeck. It's only one ';shade,'; so no guess work like Almay, which you have to choose your ';tone'; (berry, neutral, or pink).





However, with more ease and technology, comes a higher price. As you can see it's $26, but I'm sure if you wait for your favorite retailer (Sephora/Nordstrom) to have a Smashbox ';special'; like with a free gift or whatnot, it may be a little more worth it! Smashbox also has another product called O-Gloss, using the same technology, and works wonders.Is Almay Smart Shade Blush a good product?
Im not sure but on makeupalley.com the reviews werent so good! The reviews were better for the smart shade makeup but not for the blush..but hey it might work on you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting domains