Friday, December 11, 2009

Should I get a palette for lips or cheeks (blush)?

It's a 28 pan blush and a 66 pan lip palette. Which is a better investment, in your opinion? I can't afford both.


links


l


\/


http://www.lightinthebox.com/28-Colors-P鈥?/a>


http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebstore/鈥?/a>Should I get a palette for lips or cheeks (blush)?
I would advise you not to get a palette only for your cheeks/ only for your lips unless you're a make up artist or wear really colorful make-up on a daily basis. I've done this plenty of times. Usually, there are only a few blush shades that would look good on your skin tone. Notice that the blush colors are all very loud and all different. Some will go for darker tones, some for lighter, and some for medium tones. It's impossible to have all of them work for your skin tone. Same goes for lip gloss/ lipstick.. that's why instead you should invest the handful of colors that are going to look great on you instead of getting a whole palette and end up using 1 or 2 or none at all. Also, when I first discovered Coastal Scents, I went and bought 3 palettes on the spot. I bought the 88 Palette, Contour palette, and blush/eyeshadow palette in the plumy colors. I can say I've only used each of those a maximum of probably 3 times. I don't think the formula is the best. The blush does not go on evenly and it takes work buffing it out. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE their brushes -but not their palettes. I don't know about their lip products but if I were you, I would not invest on all those colors when you're probably better off getting a few lipsticks from the store and have ALL of them look good on you instead of having a few from one palette look good. I think that if 3 of my palettes from them came out bad, then their not worth buying from (for any make-up.) Anyways, I'd skip both if I were you. If you are really looking for a great palette, go on Ebay and buy the ';120 Pro Palette.'; It's the biggest palette I own and I actually really love it. It sells for $1-$30 on ebay.. just type in ';120 pro palette'; in the ebay search engine. Please, please.. skip both these palettes. I don't want you to waste your money. It you MUST get one of them.. get the blush.. but I advise you not to.Should I get a palette for lips or cheeks (blush)?
I usually don't like blush palettes because you might not like the colors on your skin. But, that lip palette has blues, silvers, and blacks. Also, I hate lip palettes that aren't from professional brand because they're always very drying. I would choose the blush palette in the end.
I would probably get the lip gloss. If you can afford a pallet that costs $22, you might want to buy this one from Sephora, instead:





http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P234317%26amp;categoryId=B70





or this one, but it costs more money:





http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml;jsessionid=0ULFOBKAELPJACV0KRTQX0Q?id=P224562%26amp;categoryId=RPYMAL%26amp;shouldPaginate=
Neither, you should get the costal scents 121 eyeshadow pallette.





But if you MUST choose, I'd say the lipgloss palette because not all blush colors are flattering to one skintone, so you'd have all these exta blushes that you wouldnt even use.
You should try the eyeshadow palettes. But out of those two, I would say the cheek palette because the lip one would dry out.
I totally agree with Sarah....try Coastal Scents Palettes
cheeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting domains